Electric Vehicle Charge Stations and Locations
We applied to the Electric Vehicle Chargers Ontario (EVCO) Program through the Ministry of Transportation and were awarded a $291,480 Grant to install 9 stations at the following 6 locations:
- Riverview Park and Zoo – one level 2 station
- Lansdowne Place Mall – both a level 2 and a level 3 station
- King Street Parking Garage – two level 2 stations
- Memorial Center – one level 2 station
- Downtown Lakefield – one level 2 station
- Downtown Norwood – both a level 2 and a level 3 station
Your EV can be plugged right into a standard household or workplace outlet to charge, also known as Level 1 (110V, 15amps) charging. It can take up to 8-20 hours to fully charge an EV at Level 1. Level 2 charging stations use a 240 volt system (similar to a clothes dryer plug) and can fully charge a vehicle from 0 per cent charge in about 4-6 hours. Level 3 charging stations (also known as Direct Current Fast Chargers or DCFC) use a 480 volt system and can charge a vehicle to 80 per cent in about 30 minutes. These stations allow EV drivers to charge their vehicles about eight times faster than Level 2 charging stations, making longer trips more feasible for EV drivers.
Cost of charging at our stations are free to use for 2017. We are covering the costs to charge your vehicle for the first year after which time we will analyze usage data to determine a cost recovery rate.