Are you passionate about wildlife and nature?
Do you get excited about learning new things?
Are you looking for a way to connect with your community?
Riverview Park and Zoo is building a team of qualified volunteers who promote the values of parkland and wildlife conservation through connections with children, families, and members of the public.
We are now looking for qualified volunteers for our 2017 seasonal volunteer program, who are able to meet the following
- An appreciation for nature and wildlife
- Enjoyment of the enhancement of one's knowledge
- The ability to learn and apply new skills
- A high level of professionalism and able to engage with the public
- Can commit to flexible hours with a two-year / one-shift per week commitment
- Are a minimum age of 14 with parental consent up to age 18
- Successfully pass a Criminal Record Check
- Able to attend mandatory training sessions
- CPR / First Aid certification - Recommended
We are looking for people to assist with our educational touch-tables, our seasonal conservation exhibit, guiding tours, helping with our conservation projects, assisting with our Guest Services Kiosk and gardening for the summer of 2016. NOTE: Volunteers will not have direct contact with live animals.
If you are qualified and interested in becoming a Riverview Park and Zoo volunteer, please fill out and submit an online Volunteer Application Form with a copy of your resume.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview in May.
Successful candidates are required to attend a mandatory volunteer training session before they are placed in their positions.
For more information please contact email@example.com
Education Program Volunteers
We also have off-season volunteer opportunities for our 2016-2017 education program.
The Education Program Volunteers will be provide educational information and children’s programming for toddlers in our ZooCrew parent & tot program and for curriculum-based programming for local school groups.
For more information about our Education Programs, click here....
NOTE: Volunteers will not have direct contact with live animals.
Event Committee Volunteers
We're looking for dedicated and energetic volunteers to help us plan and organize two of our popular events:
- The 2017 Riverview Park and Zoo Fun Run
- The 2017 Riverview Park and Zoo Father's Day Car Show
If you are interested in helping to organize one or both of these events, please contact the Park and Zoo at 705 748-9301 ext. 2331 or firstname.lastname@example.org