PTBO H2O Mobile Drinking Water Station
The PTBO H2O drinking water station can provide municipal tap water at your summer event. The accessible mobile station has 8 water fountains and 8 water bottle refill stations. Event patrons can have a drink or fill up their water bottles with refreshing cold tap water.
Since 1914 Peterborough Utilities has been providing safe, reliable and consistently high-quality water – from source to your home’s tap! And now, get the same water on the go! Take your water bottle out with you and fill up for free at the PTBO H2O Mobile Drinking Water Station at outdoor community events throughout the city in the summer months.
The PTBO H2O Mobile Drinking Water Station serves as a fun and practical way to educate people about one of our most valuable resources — water.
Drinking water for the City of Peterborough meets or exceeds the government’s requirements for water testing. Our staff conduct more than 20,000 tests a year to ensure your drinking water is of the highest quality – more tests than government regulations require. We conduct tests annually, quarterly, weekly and there are even some that run continuously. We perform on-going facility maintenance, and constantly upgrade and improve our water infrastructure including Peterborough’s water treatment plant. The water used in the PTBO H2O Mobile Drinking Water Station will be the same great water.
The PTBO H2O water station is available during the summer seasons during May-August, The PTBO H2O water station promotes the value of Peterborough's drinking water. However, in consideration to our rate payers, there is a nominal fee to cover operating costs. Costs are outlined in the rates.
Please contact us directly if your event falls outside the normal summer season, as we may be able to accommodate your event. If you would like a quote please email us at PTBOH2O@peterboroughutilities.ca or call 705-748-9301 ext.1258
- Each unit holds 1,400 litres. When the on-board stainless steel tank is filled once, it diverts 2,800 plastic bottles from waste.
- Each unit has eight water fountains and eight bottle fill stations.
- The PTBO H2O water station can supply a continuous supply of water when hooked to a municipal water supply. For locations where that’s not possible, the on-board stainless steel tank can be filled and water can be transported to the site.
- The PTBO H2O water station is accessible to both small children and people with disabilities.
- The PTBO H2O water station is powered by sustainable energy. Solar panels provide electricity to the water pump and on-board water treatment system.
To Book the PTBO H2O
Events with an interest in booking the PTBO H2O Mobile Drinking Water Station are asked to submit their requests 3 weeks in advance of the date of the event. Requests submitted less than 3 weeks prior to the event will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To submit your request, please ensure:
- The event is held between the months of May through August. Beyond this time window, due to staffing, applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The event has a minimum attendance of 100 people is expected.
- The event is over four hours in length taking place (for the most part) during daylight hours.
- The site meets the PTBO H2O Mobile Drinking Water Station requirements:
- Located on a level surface.
- Easy access for tow vehicle.
- Adequate clearance around the water station for easy access to fountains/faucets.
- Relatively close to the main event activities.
- If draining from grey water tank, positioned close to drain or ditch.
To book the PTBO H2O water station for your event, call us during business hours at 705-748-9301, extension 1258, and have the following information ready:
- Date and location of your event
- Number of anticipated participants
- Contact information
- Availability of municipal water hook-up, if known
15th annual Peterborough Children's Water Festival - May 25-26th, 2016 @ Riverview Park & Zoo
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a cost to use the PTBO H2O Mobile Drinking Water Station?
A nominal fee is charged to help offset costs to operate the PTBO H2O Mobile Drinking Water Station at the event.
Is the PTBO H2O Mobile Drinking Water Station safe to use?
The PTBO H2O mobile drinking water station is maintained in accordance with its operational guidelines and public health regulations. During events, sanitation and cleaning procedures are followed by the Peterborough Utilities representatives trained to operate the PTBO H2O water station mobile drinking water station.How is water provided by the PTBO H2O Mobile Drinking Water Station?
The PTBO H2O mobile drinking water station is equipped with taps and fountains that receive water using one of two methods; direct-connect of bulk-fill. The chart below describes each method and what method may be better suited for your event.
The PTBO H2O mobile drinking water station receives its water at the event from a ¾” water tap connected to the municipal water supply. Food grade hoses take water from the tap to the Mobile Drinking Water Station. Prior to hook up, the water source must be approved by Peterborough Utilities staff.
PTBO H2O mobile drinking water station arrives at the event with its 1400- litre tank pre-filled with municipal tap water.
For additional information on the PTBO H2O mobile drinking water station please contact Peterborough Utilities Group at 705-748-9301 ext 1258