Banner Image
Increase Text SizeDecrease Text Size

Are You Moving?

Opening a New Residential Account

You can make an application for service online or by calling one of our customer service representatives at (705) 748-6900

First-time customers are required to pay an account set-up charge and must also provide a security deposit, credit check or letter of reference from your previous utility.  

Moving with existing service?

You can place your move request online by logging into your account or by calling our office at 705-748-6900.  

A change to your security deposit may be required before service is provided.  A change of occupancy fee  will be charged to your account for billing.

AutoConnect Service

Property owners who require electrical and water services to paint and clean between tenants may want to consider participating in our AutoConnect program. This program ensures continued service between tenants. Landlords taking advantage of the Auto-Connect program do not pay the Change of Occupancy fee.

If you have questions about this process, please contact our Customer Service Department at (705) 748-6900 and one of our trained representatives will assist you.

Lawyers, see holdbacks.


For both owners and tenants, a disconnection of service can be done by phone or at our office. You will need to specify a date for the final reading as well as a forwarding address.

We would like to remind you that electricity services are disconnected at the time the Final Reading is obtained unless our records indicate that the new person moving in has applied for service.

Homeowners: Please ensure that the date you ask us to take the Final Reading of your meter is the last date on which you need electricity. For example, if your closing date is on Friday but you are actually moving during the weekend and require service for these days, you should request to have the meters read on the Monday.

Away for a while?

If you plan to be away for an extended period of time, please ensure that you are receiving your bills and arrange payment. Consider signing up for e-billing and pre-authorized payment to assist you during your time away. 

If you wish to shut off water at the street, this can be arranged for a service fee. Please call 748-9300 ext. 1295 for more information.